Please note that our fairways are currently suffering due to water availability. We rely heavily on rain and as a result of the past two winter’s having a below average rainfall, our main holding dam was never filled. Under the circumstances we need to congratulate our course management team as the tee boxes and greens have remained in top condition throughout this very testing time. We hope and pray that we will have plenty rain this winter, so that the course will become even better than ever! For our guests, we have reduced the green fee rate to R365-00 for 18 holes, and our 4 star restaurant and hotel are ready to welcome you.
Devonvale Golf & Wine Estate Management Team
The magnificent 18-hole Championship golf course needs little introduction, offering a regular challenge to both local and international golfers alike. The original layout, designed by Ken Elkin, who designed many of the Capes better known courses, has seen several improvements over the last 5 years and is constantly undergoing improvements but still remains a true ‘country course’.
Devonvale is fortunate enough to have a large dam in the centre of the course, which feeds the irrigation system, and therefore the golf course doesn’t make use of potable water. About 90% of the water utilised is recycled or harvested and in 2006 Cape Irrigation Systems and Devonvale Golf course won the LIA Environmental Management Water Conservation Trophy for best practice water conservation.
An important aspect of Devonvale’s existence is the hosting of tournaments. The estate has seen the hosting of the SA Ladies Open, Sunshine Tour, Provincial Opens, Interprovincial tournaments, Ernie Els foundations, SA Open Qualifying rounds, Interschools and Senior Opens and looks forward to hosting many more in the future as this forms part of Devonvale’s ethos.
- 6136m, Par 72 18-hole Championship course
- Course length: Mens 5075m | Womens: 4993m
- Located on the North facing slopes of the Devon Valley
- Surrounded by mountains and vineyards
- A tree-lined curving course with sweeping fairways
- Filled with peace and tranquillity (birdlife, springboks)
- International & National and kids “Squirrel “ tournaments
- Halfway house with terraced bar and lounge
- stylish 5-star change rooms for ladies and gentlemen
- Private / group lessons with our PGA Golf Pro Anna Becker
- Proshop selling estate wines and various golf accessories
- Driving range and Practice area
- Ladies and kiddies clinics