100 million litres water supply secured for Devonvale’s golf course.
We have managed to secure a 100 million litres of water supply from a property down the road from Devonvale. We have rights to the water as long as the property owner has enough for his own needs (their usage is very small) and as long as they remain the owners of the property. The installation of the 1.8km pipeline is well underway, with only 600m to go before we can start pumping. We hope to start pumping by the 21st of January. In the meantime, we have been watering the course much more in anticipation and so we are looking much greener already. Hope to see you all out on the course!
The magnificent 18-hole Championship golf course needs little introduction, offering a regular challenge to both local and international golfers alike. The original layout, designed by Ken Elkin, who designed many of the Capes better known courses, has seen several improvements over the last 5 years and is constantly undergoing improvements but still remains a true ‘country course’.
Devonvale is fortunate enough to have a large dam in the centre of the course, which feeds the irrigation system, and therefore the golf course doesn’t make use of potable water. About 90% of the water utilised is recycled or harvested and in 2006 Cape Irrigation Systems and Devonvale Golf course won the LIA Environmental Management Water Conservation Trophy for best practice water conservation.
An important aspect of Devonvale’s existence is the hosting of tournaments. The estate has seen the hosting of the SA Ladies Open, Sunshine Tour, Provincial Opens, Interprovincial tournaments, Ernie Els foundations, SA Open Qualifying rounds, Interschools and Senior Opens and looks forward to hosting many more in the future as this forms part of Devonvale’s ethos.
- 6136m, Par 72 18-hole Championship course
- Course length: Mens 5075m | Womens: 4993m
- Located on the North facing slopes of the Devon Valley
- Surrounded by mountains and vineyards
- A tree-lined curving course with sweeping fairways
- Filled with peace and tranquillity (birdlife, springboks)
- International & National and kids “Squirrel “ tournaments
- Halfway house with terraced bar and lounge
- stylish 5-star change rooms for ladies and gentlemen
- Private / group lessons with our PGA Golf Pro Anna Becker
- Proshop selling estate wines and various golf accessories
- Driving range and Practice area
- Ladies and kiddies clinics